Sunday, April 20, 2014

One More Hot Chocolate

Mountains or the Seas, a subject Bongs love to argue about. Considering my ambitiously lazy self, there had to be something really strong to drive me out of my shell and get into the planning mode. Mercury was at 39C and was showing signs of stability comparable to Viko on the cricket field. A week away from this heat, to the land of natural air-conditioning? Reason enough I must say.

What happens after this? As soon as I arrive within the misty clouds brushing past me, seduces my foodie and romantic self at one and the same time. As they say - "Pet e khele pith e shoye" first visit at the Keveneters roof top. Polishing off some fried frankfurter with a hot chocolate and looking into the distant horizon, where sun was just coming out of the white fog like a newlywed Bengali girl peeps out of her ghomta. Many of us I believe are gifted with the ability of brooding about our past, time and again, each time thinking about the wrongs we have done, the rights we could have done better, adding a new dimension every time yet eventually leading to a feeling a of self-deprecation. I know I have done this a thousand times in the past and the fact that doing it all over again doesn't change my past, nor my present and probably not even my future. However it is this probability about the future, the eternal optimist in me that refuses to surrender. So here I am, about 650 kilometers away from home where my restless mind has travelled about 9000 miles.

Life in general is a complex equation. From where I stand and contemplate about my past, it appears to be algebraic where I could have done multiple things to make it perfect. Turning around and looking into the future seems to be probabilistic of a thousand things that could happen. So in this battle of doing everything right and perfect, I admit I have committed one mistake. Someone great said - "To err is Human". I believe - "To love is Human".

One more hot chocolate please.

No comments: