Saturday, May 29, 2010

Weekend in a Train !

I am one of those people who likes going places but hates almost all the forms of travel available. Not that I don't like travelling in business class, got that chance once but the whole travel experience I find like having your teeth pulled out through your nose. Gosh that's a horrible way to put it. Rail I know is utterly charming, watching the green go by, rocking very gently, if you are in the higher category of the AC coupes. The fun starts when watching the landscape the fork misses your mouth and stab you in the cheek. However even this euphoria of travel lasts only for few hours after which the green landscape gets very boring. Its not very often that you get a charming company, such that you don't even realise when time flies by and it gives a feeling the journey ended so soon. Considering that one is travelling alone the worst part what I find is the train always seem to go either just too fast to not see anything or so slow that you are thumping your head in sheer frustration.

How does this sound - spending an entire weekend on a train!! Yeah I know those qualitative adjectives that are almost common in all our yo dictionary. It would be a very crude sense of sarcasm to say that the start was not that bad. At the station saw few people carrying some 10-15 coffins. Realized that those are for the bodies of people who died in a horrible train accident just the day before. Kind of gives an eerie feeling to board the train after that. Long old principle - "don't think much". It really helps. The journey starts and few hours into it, starts raining. Makes the view outside all the more pleasant, but for how long! Boring boring and I am sliding slowly under the blanket. Very soon I am into a deep slumber. Going by indian mythology, SRI RAM has appeared in different form or incarnation over ages for the benefit of humanity. I woke up to the scream of a chaye wala. When I am at home every morning I wake up to the screaming of my dad.


Its already 8 pm. Life is such a balancing act. Last night I was enjoying one of the most charming company I"ve ever had in recent past as far as I remember and engrossed deep into conversation about life. Now here I am feeling so lonely, travelling alone in a crampy side upper birth of an AC 2 tier. At least I have blackberry for company. I really wonder if anyone has posted a blog while travelling in a train through a blackberry. But honestly I am liking it. The meal arrives. Rice n chicken curry. For some reason I like the food they serve at the indian railways. It has all the earthly flavors that is incomparable. Not that I am hungry but I still want to have it right away. Signing off.

No comments: