Saturday, July 3, 2010

Island in a stream of forgetfulness

It all started with the dawn. The sky was a brilliant blue so different from the grey dusty sky above us today and I felt something well up inside me a sense of happiness so strong that it made me lift my head and yell as to much my own surprise as people around me. This was a day, the day I had been looking forward to for quite some time with sense of anticipation. This wait had been in all sense exhilarating. Moments in life are filled with glory but it often happens that the path to that glory is more intriguing than the moment of the glory itself. The day would remain as an island in a stream of forgetfulness.

I wanted to get wet in the rain, but as the sheer sense of joy set in, the cold gusty wind brought along with it the sense of reality. It had rained before, and it would rain again, the nature would be at its elemental best, what would change is time. One cannot live in dreams, live with ideas. Lines and boundaries have been drawn, rules have been set, and freedom of expression has been curtailed by what we call - Society. Looking back now I see the society, pragmatic and effective - only with a few exceptions. The society can outlaw the water but can it ban the thirst?

No comments: